- Mental disorders are medical conditions.
- Mental disorders are not personality quirks.
Repeat after me…
- Labels will give you mental disorders
- Labels will reinforce your submission to a condition
- Labels will destroy you
- Labels will imprison you
- Labels are just that…labels
Now, let’s try again…
- Stop labelling your state of mind, it’s the same as stereotyping someone and expecting them to act differently
- The more we ‘recognise’ so-called mental disorders as valid medical conditions, the weaker society becomes in dealing holistically with social ills because every bad experience can suddenly be ‘fixed’ with a pill
- Neuroplasticity is proof that mental ‘disorders’ are merely a state of mind that can be altered based on experience and introspection
- Experience has confirmed that insecurity and fears of insignificance are the most common underlying causes of symptoms of a troubled mind (a.k.a. mental disorders) and not some chemical imbalance
- Chemical reactions are triggered by thoughts and stimuli, not the other way around. Simple proof of this is a smile. It’s confirmed to release feel-good hormones regardless of your ‘mental disorder’
Separate the symptoms from the root cause and never confuse the two. Far too often, especially in western medicine, symptoms are almost always the focus of treatment with a holistic view shunned as being a quack’s approach to good health. The mind and body work in tandem, and not independently. Abuse one, and you’ll automatically abuse the other. Treating a physical ailment without considering the psychological or emotional triggers that caused one to be predisposed to the ailment is like taking energy drinks when you know you’re not getting enough sleep. It really is that simple.
Give yourself a chance. You deserve to believe in yourself, because people are strange like that. They rarely believe in you unless you believe in yourself first. Think about it, and give yourself a break.